If you’re like most of us, you blink and there’s suddenly a pile of paper pilled up somewhere in your home. One the pile is there, it only seems to inexplicably grow every time you turn around. It takes on a life of it’s own. Not only is it an eyesore, but you can loose important papers and miss due dates that can cost you money. And that pile of paper causes untold stress. Taking charge and organizing it can be easy with these simple, quick paper organization tips from the Organized Island blog.
Even in today’s electronic world, paper is a big part of everyday life. There’s no way around it. Recognizing that some paperwork is a necessary part of life means you can plan for it and organize it.
Simple Quick Paper Organization
Why Organize Paper Piles
- You eliminate most of the pile
- You will be able to easily find papers you need
- You won’t miss any due dates
- You’ll save money by saving late fees and interest on missed bills
- You’ll reduce visual clutter and stress
Organization should be simple and work for you. Simple organization is whatever makes sense and works for your unique family. Sometimes we overthink and over-complicate organization.
Take a minute and brainstorm your family’s unique paperwork needs and challenges.
- Where does your paperwork pile up at?
- Where is the best place in your home to collect and use your papers?
- Do you have papers, calendars, pens and pencils and other supplies in multiple locations? Would it work better for you to keep them all in one place?
- Who besides you needs to access the paperwork?
- What would be your perfect solution?
Now that you’ve thought about your paperwork challenge, it’s time to get a grip on that inbox stack with these tips to sort and organize papers. Find these tips for simple and quick paper organization at Organized Island.
Don’t forget to add an office paper recycling bin. This tutorial is easy to follow and costs you only the cost of a can of paint.
I’ve gone shopping and found some more useful paper organizers for you.